Saturday, October 4, 2008

San Antonio

Our trip to San Antonio was a lot of walking. Ky didn't have meetings until Tuesday afternoon, so we decided to go to the zoo. It was supposed to be a 15 min. bus ride. We were supposed to take one bus to get on another bus that would take us right to the zoo. Well after we got off the first bus we couldn't find where the second bus stops, so we ended up walking for about an hour. I'm sure we walked about 2-3 miles. When we finally found the zoo, we realized that we could have just walked down the street after we got off the bus. I should have insisted that we follow the sign instead of following Ky's directions.

Here are the most exciting things from San Antonio (at least that we saw any way). The first picture is a stage on the Riverwalk. The stage is on one side of the river and the audience sits on the other side of the river.

Can anyone name the movie that this stage has been featured in?



This picture is the Japanese sunken gardens. This place was not as exciting as I thought it was going to be. Ky was not as impressed as he was when he was younger.


Does anybody remember these from your Texas days?


These mold-a-rama machines are all over the San Antonio Zoo. They were the best part of the zoo. For those who have never seen a mold-a-rama...you put money into the machine and you can watch as the machine molds an animal out of plastic.

These are the cute little animals we had molded. We had to have one for each person in our house. One of our elephants came out with a crack, I was fine with my special elephant, but Ky wanted a perfect one.


Can you name this important building? That's right the ever famous Alamo. I think I have as much space in my house as the Alamo had. OK it might have been bigger, but it is a lot smaller than most people think.

It was nice to have a brake, but the highlight of our trip for me was being able to sit in the hotel room and watch what ever I wanted on TV without any fighting.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you gave yourself time to just relax. Every time I get away like that, I end up thinking "I really should do this more often!"

Thanks for the pictures.

Lexa said...

Ok, for some reason as I saw that picture I thought of Karate Kid II..... Do I get the brownie?

Lynaya said...

No, Lexa, Karate Kid ll is a very good guess. Think Sandra Bullock!

Lynaya said...

By the way the question about the stage is for the picture above it, with the bells.