Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catwalk, Gale Reunion, Four Corners

Catwalk
On our way to the Gale Family Reunion, in Monticello, Utah, we stopped for a picnic at the Catwalk in Glenwood New Mexico. We only walked on half of the Catwalk. Maybe someday when our kids are older, we will walk the whole thing. We got back to our car just as it started to rain.






The Gale Family Reunion

We always LOVE the Gale Family Reunion. We always have a lot of fun, and this year was no exception. There was a lot of cold wind, but it didn't stop anyone from having a good time. We painted shirts,(as seen in the picture), had a talent show,went to a lake, ect.
Ky and I were able to go to a temple session, in the Monticello, Utah temple. Now we can't wait for our own small temple.
Ky's mom and her sister were the hit of the talent show. They did a baton twirling routine. They twirled batons when they were in high school. We were all amazed that they could still do it. It was a lot of fun to see.
At the end of the reunion, we all left in tears. Everytime I thought about it on the way home, I cried again. I love the Gales and I can't hardly wait another three years to go and be with them again.

Four Corners


On our way home, way were able to stopby the four corners, and be in four states at one time. It was fun to go to once. Everyone needs to experience that once (when I say once, I mean once). It was fun to do, but I don't think it will be as much fun if I did it again. We all took a turn to be in four states at one time (except Temberlie, she was to tiered).

Braydee

Bradlee

Mackensie

Temberlie and Ky

Lynaya (me)
If you ever go there DO NOT pose like I did unless you have good, limber ankles.
There are some boothes for the Navajo to sell their artwork and jewlery. We bought some jewlery for the girls and a carved sling shot for Bradlee that has an eagle face carved in it.
I think I enoyed the shopping the most. The kids loved the fact that they were in four states at one time.

All in all, We had a good trip. The children did really good in the car until the last part of the trip, from about Alpine-home. We were so glad that we got to go to the reunion. We would be willing to drive across the country to go to a Gale Family reunion.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you all had a really good time. Did anyone get video of Mom's baton twirling? I'd love to see that!

Rebel said...

Andrew got a video on his camera! He said he'd post it soon!