Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday and Father's Day Ky

Ky had a birthday on Father's Day this year. I won't tell you how old he is, but the kids made sure that he knew he was half of 72. If that wasn't bad enough his dad pointed out that the average man lives to be 72. According to that he has lived half of his life already. I hope he last a lot longer than that. We got him a new canopy with a wind curtain to go around it. I also got him a book with temple pictures and stories, I think he already read it. He also got a two day trip to Tucson Medical Center the Tuesday and Wednesday before his birthday to have his appendix taken out. He made his own birthday dinner and cake (I would have done it, but he loves to cook). The cake was a key lime poke cake, VERY YUMMY.


Sorry the picture of the cake is turned funny, I tried to fix it, it was VERY YUMMY anyway. I think Ky had a very good birthday. I'm sure he would have enjoyed it more if he had the energy to, but we did let him take a good long nap. I would have taken pictures of him, but he was not in the mood for that, so I let him have his way.
He is recovering well from his surgery and almost feels normal again.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I know how to make a poke cake, but I've never had a key lime one. PLEASE share the recipe!