Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday girl!!!!!!

Mackensie turned six years old on June 9. We had a fun day of lots of people bringing presents. We told our kids that we will only get them a book, a toy and an outfit for their birthdays this year. Mackensie got all of those things plus a present and visit from both of her grandmas, and also from a few friends. She is one lucky girl.

I bought a cake pan in the shape of a cupcake at Easter time, so now I can make a fun and simple cake for all birthdays. I let her pick out the cake flavor, chocolate of course, and the frosting and sprinkles. It was a lot cheaper than a store bought cake, and prettier than if I would have tried to decorate a cake by myself.


Here is Mackensie showing off one of her many gifts.

Blowing out her candles!

Mackensie like horses, rice, pasta, singing, reading, and watching tv.
Mackensie is most famous for her beautiful red hair. When we saw President Monson going in to The Gila Valley temple for the dedication, he looked down at her hair and said, "Look at that hair with a touch of red, how pretty".
We went out to dinner at Casa Manana, where they give you free fried ice cream for your birthday, she let each of us have one bite and she ate the rest of it. I think she had a very Happy Birthday.

No comments: