Monday, May 24, 2010

What we did this weekend--Sunday

Sunday morning we got up early and went to the Cornerstone ceremony for The Gila Valley Arizona Temple. I had the wonderful opportunity to sing in the choir outside near the cornerstone, so we decided to all go so we could see President Monson and the other General Authorities that came with him. As I was with the choir, Lynaya and the kids were able to see President Monson get out of his car and enter the Temple. (That's Braydee's orange headband in the front of the picture).















The time then came for us to sing and watch as President Monson put mortar in to seal the cornerstone. I was on the front row, so I had a great vantage point to see the cornerstone ceremony.
































After the ceremony was over we snapped a quick picture before we went home.















We later attended the 12:00 dedication session and all too quickly our day was over. This really was a blessed experience and still cannot fully realize that that we have a dedicated temple now so close to our home.

You can see more photos, newscasts, and articles here and here.

And here's another video from KSL:

Video Courtesy of KSL.com




No comments: