Monday, May 24, 2010

What we did this weekend--Friday and Saturday

Lynaya and I had a busy weekend, so busy that I'm going to split it into two posts. Friday night we had rehearsals for the Gila Valley Temple Cultural Celebration. It was exciting to see things finally coming together. On Saturday morning we gathered again for one last rehearsal, then by Saturday evening we had over 3500 people in the bleachers for the show.














I don't have any other pictures I took (too much going on handing out props) but here are some links to see some of the cultural celebration in action.

First, KSL TV out of Salt Lake City was there and shot some video of the rehearsals and the actual celebration.

Video Courtesy of KSL.com


Next, here is a link to the Church News article with some better pictures of the celebration. Click Here.

It was a wonderful experience to see the prophet in person and to hear his warmth and humor as he spoke to the youth. It's certainly something I will never forget!

No comments: