Monday, February 7, 2011

Friday Fun!

My sister decided that she would do something fun every Friday and blog about it. She wanted me to do the same so that she would have an incentive to actually do it. So here is my first post on the fun I had last Friday.

My 3 year old little girl has a birthday later this week and her favorite game is Pictureka. I am not a fan of some of the pictures on that game, so I thought I would make my own version for her. I found a princess lunch box at Walmart and thought, I could make a Princess Pictureka and use the lunch box to hold it all together.

I made the tiles 5 1/2 inches square, so that they fit in the lunch box. I made the cards 4 inches x 3 inches. I used stamps that I already had to stamp all the pictures on the tiles.


I stamped an image on a card first...

Then on one side of the tile...

And then on the other side of the tile.





When I had the tiles and cards done, I laminated all of them to make it last longer. I made 12 tiles instead of the regular 9 tiles just to make it a little more fun. I made 24 pink cards that each have an image to look for, 6 blue cards to find a certain number of an object to look for (example: find 6 bugs, 5 leaves...) and 6 yellow cards (If you have a yellow card everyone picks a tile and on the count of 1, 2, 3 GO, turn the tile over and be the first to find the shape that is written of the card.

My little girl already knows that I made this game and she is so excited to get to play it!

3 comments:

K80lady said...

Yeah You did it! Wasn't this a good Idea? You are so lucky to have such a cool sister!

Lindsey said...

That's awesome! I love this idea. :)

Unknown said...

Holy Crap! That looks LEGIT! How are you so amazing? I do think it's funny that "picktureka" is the world's new "ISPY"