Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy October!

I have been enjoying October from day one. I think it is because General Conference started on the 1st. I love to watch and hear our prophets, apostles and other leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speak. Our children love the snack mix that we make only at conference time. They are even starting to be a little more behaved as we watch (so nice). Maybe someday they will be perfectly reverent for two hours of speakers 4 times in two days. At least for now they are children who get excited about General Conference.

I always like to have a project as I watch General Conference (it helps me stay awake and attentive). During this General Conference I made a few things that will be going to my soon to be new niece in Texas. I was going to take pictures, but I can't find my camera. I also made snowflakes for our Christmas tree this year.

I turned Christmas music on yesterday and enjoyed it all day. I will have the music playing all day long everyday until probably New Years. Some people may think that is crazy, but I love it and it is getting me in the mood for Christmas shopping. My mom always had Christmas music playing on the first day of school each year. October is the longest I can go without it.

I hope to keep enjoying this autumn season. Our weather has been a little cooler, YA! The sun has been going to sleep earlier and rising later. There has even been clouds and rain here in Arizona. I am now in the mood to have a lot of fun family outings. Ky went to Boston this last week for training. He only has 4-5 more trips this year, thus the need for family outings.

I hope my ramblings did not put you to sleep. I hope to have pictures for the next post. Until then Happy October!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Christmas music already?! Woah, you're definitely in the spirit! I absolutely HATE thinking about Christmas shopping... maybe if I did it in October I'd be happier about it like you! :p

Rebel said...

HEY! I know your niece in Texas! She is ALMOST as excited as her mom to get whatever you are doing for her! YEA!

And I am with Lindsey on the Christmas music. :p

Lanise said...

Yay for Christmas music!!!! I listen to it too every chance I get. It is so peaceful! You can make another family outting up here!!!! :)

Lexa said...

My mother in law has ingrained in me that Thanksgiving is NOT to be forgotten, and Fall is not to be rushed through. So we REALLY play up autumn around this joint, and won't be hearing any Christmas music until the day AFTER thanksgiving. But, I did hear the Institute class next door singing christmas hymns yesterday.