Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crazy Weekend Mixed With Good Times.

Sorry there are no pictures for this post, I just wanted to blog about our weekend. Ky got home from another trip to Boston about 7:00 Friday night. Most of Saturday was spent decorating for a ward adults only dance, Winter Formal type. After decorating Ky had a rehearsal to go to for 2 and a half hours. Then it was get ready for the dance and leave kids home with a babysitter. We had such a great time at the dance. I think I smiled through the whole thing. It was so much fun to dance with a cute guy without having to worry about whether or not he likes me. I didn't even have to ask him to dance with me either. I just have to add that Braydee tried to tell us how to dance earlier that day (ya, she is in Junior High), it was quite funny. After cleaning up from the dance we were home with barely enough time to sleep and rest up for church meetings that start at 7:00 a.m. for Ky. The kids and I don't have to be out the door until 8:30 a.m. for 9:00 church. After church was dinner, another meeting for Ky, and Ky having to go take care of some things for work.

Ky has been going to as many practices as possible so that he could sing in the annual Handel's Messiah. This marks the 75th year that Handel's Messiah has been performed here in the Gila Valley. There was a woman singing in the program who had attended the very first one in 1936. President Spencer W. Kimball was one of the singers listed at that time.

I decided that we should take all 4 of children to watch their dad sing in a two hour performance. Before it started we had whinny kids all day. I was a little worried about them being able to be reverent that long. The program started at 7:30 p.m. so I knew that at least two of the children would sleep most of the time. When the program started I had to answer a few questions from Mackensie. After I told her to just listen, I swear all children were dead silent (Bradlee did ask to go to the bathroom once) until the end. That is thanks to the two younger children sleeping pretty much the whole time. I felt like I had witnessed a small Christmas miracle. I was able to really listen and enjoy the whole thing.

Afterwards we asked the children what they thought. They all agreed that it was long. Braydee said, "It wouldn't be so long if they wouldn't repeat the same things so many time." Oh well maybe she will want to sing in it someday. I think I would to sing in it again someday as well. I haven't done that since my college days.

After the Messiah, it was home to put kids to bed and watch Ky pack his bags for another trip back to Boston the next day. I have tried to prepare my brain for this two weeks without a husband, but it is not working very well. The kids haven't been any worse than normal, but I just miss him so much more this week, and it's only Tuesday. I can't wait until he is home for a lot longer. This is his last trip for 2011. I just hope that I will be OK on Saturday when we have two parties and a piano recital to go to.

It has been raining a lot here and I am loving the weather! I am really enjoying this Christmas season. I just wish I could find all the things I need to get for gifts. Oh well, if not, it will still be a very Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Rebel said...

You go momma- running your house! You are a woman warrior! I don't know what I'd do with a traveling husband :( I have only bought a couple gift cards for the MANY people I'm supposed to buy for this year! I feel so behind! Our tree isn't even up yet!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like the Messiah was a lot of fun--glad the kids behaved for you. :) We had an adults only dance at our stake recently too and it was so much fun!! Glad you and Ky could live it up!!

Lexa said...

I wanted to go to the Messiah so bad, darn 8 AM final the next day. Maybe I'll sing in it again someday as well! It's not as fun down here, not like the Gila Valley one.