Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our Summer ....It's About Time I Blog About It




I was going to start this post with the month of June, but I uploaded the pictures with August pictures first and June pictures last.  In order to save time I am starting with the most resent and working backwords.  


Mackensie was baptized by her dad on August 18.  It was a special day, but I think I stressed way to much and didn't take the time to enjoy it.  She was so beautiful in her dress.  The pictures really do not give her justice.
 

Braydee had a birthday on August 9th. She turned 13 (she is officially a teenager).  I think she had the worst birthday of her life.  The only thing we did to celebrate is lunch and a cake. Her cousin invited her to go to a night swim with some of her school classmates as an end of summer fun time.  While she was swimming we went and bought her a cake and picked up some pizza for dinner.  She is a lot of help around the house and will do things without being asked.  She is an awesome young woman!  

July started with the kids and I going to the very fun Gale family reunion.  Ky had to stay and work, but the rest of us didn't want to miss it.  We drove the 10-11 hours to Cedar City, Utah with Ky's parents (Thank You for coming with us).   It was totally worth the time and money.  The kids and I really enjoyed it and of course we all left in tears because it was over.  Sorry I don't have any good pictures of all the fun.


June ended with awesome cousins visiting from Vermont.  My sister and her family came out to Arizona for a couple of weeks.  We were able to spent time with the before and after the Gale reunion.  I don't have any pictures of their visit either, but we did have a lot fun swimming and going to the mountains for a picnic. 

Along with my sister from Vermont coming, my sister form Tucson came with her camera and we all got new family photos.  Here are few of my favorites of our family.









I love the smoke from a fire on the mountains in the background of this one.  Note to self make sure all people in the photo have appropriate shoes on next time we take a family picture.

Ky had a birthday on June 20th.  I won't tell you how old he is , but we did put the right number of candles on the Texas sheet cake the he wanted. 




Mackensie turned 8 years old on June 9th.  Normally We would have thrown her a party, but she couldn't decide what she wanted to do for her party and we never got invitations made.  So, we decided to go to the Reid Park Zoo.  It was an awesome idea because she loves animals.  We invited my sister Elyssa to go with us.  We also invited My sister Kara Who lives in Tucson) and her daughter Cindel to meet us there.  We had a good time at the zoo, got some ice cream, did some shopping, ate dinner at Panda Express and came home.  I think she had an enjoyable birthday.

That about wraps up all the fun and excitement of our summer!





2 comments:

Lanise said...

Ok lady, there are no pictures of you up in St. Johns! Oh yeah cause you guys never made it up here! ha ha ha Just kidding. It looks like you guys had a great and eventful summer. It was nice when we got to see you, I just wish it was more often!!! We miss you!!!

Lindsey said...

Those family and individual pictures are so great!! I hope I can take your lead and finally post about our Summer. :)