Look who we had at Thanksgiving dinner this year.
It all started as a joke. My uncle said that if he was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner, he was going to cancel it. My aunt said that if she was in charge we were going to Mcdonalds. It just so happens that my aunts bishop is the manager of the Mcdonalds here in Safford. She was able to get the Ronald Mcdonald that used to sit by the Mcdonalds in the old Walmart.
We even had plenty of happy meal toys for all the kids. You can see Mackensie has like four toys in her hand. It was a lot of fun.
I know a lot of people have been posting things that they are thankful for all month. I am not that dedicated, but I wanted to add what I am thankful for. I am of course thankful for the things that most everyone is thankful for (family, home, gospel of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, Jesus...) but this year I am most thankful for my thyroid medication. Let me explain...When you have a messed up thyroid you can be out of energy and become very depressed. By the end of this last summer I knew that somewhere very deep down inside me might have been some love and joy for my children, but I couldn't honestly say that I loved them. Luckily I have an AWESOME husband and I could say that I loved him. It really bothered me that I didn't love my children and I felt like they were sucking what energy I did have out of me. I finally got my thyroid checked and have been grateful ever since. Know I can say that I truly do love my kids and I even enjoy them. I have laughed, smiled and enjoyed life more in the past month than I have in this whole entire year.
Because I do not want to lie on my blog and make everyone think that we live in a majical kingdom full of laughter and sunshine (since thyroid medication), I do want to add that life is still real, the kids still fight and say mean things and I still want to run away from home sometimes. I am just able to deal with those things better. I am also able to laugh at the funny things my kids do and say now.
I am also thankful for Christmas music. I am excited for Christmas! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

4 comments:
You can run away to my house any time you want!
WE MISSED YOU!!! I am sad we didn't get to see you guys this Thanksgiving but I am glad you had a good holiday. I had been thinking about you and how you were doing since the last time I had seen you. I am so glad you are feeling better. Your kids are still CUTE AS HECK!!! Hopefully we get to see you when we are down for our hunt!
Cute pics! Temberlie is making the most Lanaya-ish face I've ever seen! So cute!
Didn't know about the thyroid issues. Glad to know you got some of those things under control. Maybe that's why you hadn't killed the kids yet after shopping all day when I saw you in Tucson? ;)
Post a Comment