Saturday, February 23, 2008
Down n Derby
We just got back from the Ward Pinewood Derby. It used to be just the Elder's quorum but it has expanded from there. Well this year there were 45 cars to contend with, so it took over an hour and a half just to get to the semifinals. Before I tell you how we did, take a look at our cars.
We ended up doing two cars-one for the boys (yup, it's Herbie) and one for the girls (Pink Flower Power). Here's a look at what we were up against:
Now for the results—we didn't come in last, but we didn't make it to the semifinals, either. However, our boy car did get an award for best paint. To end, here is some video of how the boy and girl car fared. You'll have to turn your head sideways, as I forgot I was shooting video and not taking a picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your cars - such detail with the pin-striping! I think it's hilarious that this was an Elder's Quorum thing! You see the dads at the Pinewood Derby and you KNOW that they want to be the ones having all of the action! Good fun...
Post a Comment