Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!

As of today the kids have been back to school for a whole week. School started last Wednesday. It has been so nice and quiet around here for about 6 hours a day. Actually it's more like 7 hour when you count the bus rides to and from school.

Braydee is in 6th grade this year. Our school district moved the 6th graders into the junior high school building. They are still part of the elementary school, just different building. They have their own hallways and bathrooms, the playground is still the same, so I think it will be OK despite what others may think.

Bradlee is in the third grade. The third grade got moved from the primary school building to the elementary school building. Yes our school district has been having a moving experience this year.

Mackensie is in first grade. Her teacher has been in the same classroom since before I was in her first grade class. Yesterday she was singing the same phonics song that I learned when I was in first grade. I loved it. I think that is the only thing I remember about first grade.

Temberlie gets to stay home with me for another two years, before she can go to Kindergarten. I think we may have to find a preschool for next year, but for now she can be my little girl. We have been to a restaurant for lunch every day since school started, and she wants to go to another one today. We are not that rich, (although there are a lot of places you can get lunch for a mom and a three year old with $5 or less), so I think we will start having left overs or PB&J for our lunch.

All of our children are so glad to be back in school. They love school and they love the homework. Someday I will stop playing around and actually clean house or something, but for now I am just enjoying the fact that I only have to get one child in and out of the car to go places and my nice quiet (OK almost quiet, Dora is on in the other room) house.

1 comment:

Lexa said...

It's the most wonderful time of the year ;)