Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our Summer

It is so hard to believe that August is already here and school starts next week. We usually travel to Mesa once a month to attend the temple, but now that we only have a 7-8 minute drive (which is so nice), we haven't gone very many places this summer for fun. I took the three older kids to Tucson last week to go school clothes shopping and it was obvious that they have forgotten what it is like to be in a car for 3 hour. Our summer started with the celebration and dedication of the Gila Valley temple. It was all very exciting and fun, but then summer turned boring. However we did enjoy a few days. The fourth a July weekend was a lot of fun. We attended a BBQ/swimming party on the third of July and went to Duncan on the 5th of July for more water fun.





While we were in Duncan Grandma Sanders had all of the kids make a stepping stone for her yard. Here they are showing off their stone.




On the 24th of July Braydee insisted that we make something that the pioneers made, in honer of the pioneers. We decided to make molasses candy. Each of the kids had a chance to pull taffy. They loved watching it change colors.

Here is the result. It tasted good, but it never got as hard as it should have because of the humidity.

Ky and I had our 14th wedding anniversary this last Sunday. It's amazing how time flies when your having fun! I LOVE my wonderful husband and I LOVE being married to him.

Although summer didn't go as well as I wanted it too, we are all so ready for school to start.

1 comment:

Rebel said...

Cool summer! Yours was WAY more adventerous than ours! Thanks for the post! I know it makes Andrew homesick, but he loves seeing everybody's posts!