Thursday, June 14, 2012

Adorable Chef Hat and Matching Apron

Mackensie was invited to a birthday party for her best friend.  I don't like giving toys for presents, because I think kids already have to many unused toys.  So I usually make an apron to go with cookie mix, frosting, sprinkles and cookie cutters.  The last time I did a gift like this I got the chef hat pattern from http://youcanmakethis.com/products/free/free-child-and-adult-size-chef-hat.htm.

I decided to do make a matching chef hat and apron for this gift.  It turned out so cute that I just had to share.
Normally I wouldn't add the ribbon to the chef hat, but I just couldn't resist.

 All wrapped up, ready to go.
I decided to hot glue lace to the bag.  Since I already had the glue gun out, I glued the card on as well.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Adorable work as always, you crafting Goddess!!

Lanise said...

SHUT UP!!!! That is the cutest stinkin' idea!!!! You are amazing, I think it's my birthday next *wink* *wink*

Lexa said...

That's an awesome idea! I seriously dislike all the birthday party invites from people I have no idea who they are.