Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Beautiful Month of May


The month of May started with an amazing trip to Boston!  Ky had to be there for training two weeks in a row.  He flew out with two of his co-workers for the first week and I flew out  on the Friday May 4th.  It took ALL of Friday (with a few flight delays) to get there.  I got to Boston about an hour later than expected.  I didn't think I would be so happy to finally be there.

Saturday was spent on the Freedom Trail, which included the Paul Revere House shown behind me here.

 
We also walked through the cemetery where Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, Ben Franklyn's parents and Mother Goose are buried.  We also went through the Old North Church, and had a tour on the USS Constitution (the oldest war ship still in commission).
 
And of course we went to Mike's pastry for way to many very yummy pastries.
This is the view we saw.... 
After we climbed this, the Bunker Hill Monument, only 294 winding steps to the top!
I was sore until the next Wednesday.

On Sunday we drove to Windsor, VT to see my sister and her family.  We all drove to Sharon, VT to the Joseph Smith Memorial (the birthplace of Joseph Smith).
We had so much fun Driving around VT with these cute children, my nieces and nephew.
  
Sidney, Wyatt and Austyn

the Joseph Smith memorial momument
  
  
My cute little niece Ruby is standing on the doorstep where the Smith house once stood.
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I went shopping while Ky was in meetings. 
On Tuesday evening we went to the Boston temple for a session.  I wish I would have had more time to walk the grounds because it was beautiful.

Wednesday night was spent at the opening night of the BOSTON POPS.  Sorry we don't have pictures of it.  Symphony hall is amazing.  It was so amazing to see ALL of the violin bows go up and down at the same time.  One of our favorite pieces of the night was Rhapsody In Blue (15-20 minutes long) and the pianist had the music memorized and played with emotion.  My most favorite part of the night was Bernadette Peters.  Can I just say I have always loved Bernadette Peters, but now I really LOVE Bernadette Peters.  She did the whole last hour of the show.  It was to much fun.  When we left two hours later, we felt like we had been there for 10 minutes.

Thursday was fast flights home.  We got to the airport with enough time to check-in, go through security and wait 10 minutes before boarding.  We got to Chicago with enough time for lunch, find our nest gate and board.  As soon as we got to Tucson we hit the road for a two hour drive home.

I just want to give a great big huge THANKS to my AMAZING sister Elyssa for watching our children while we were gone.  She had to make sure they got to all of their end of the year concerts and recitals.

Mother's Day was the Sunday after we got home.
The kids and I made these beautiful chocolate treats for our amazing Grandmas.




The day after Mother's Day was my birthday, made complete with phone calls from each of my wonderful sisters.
If you can count the number of candles on the cake you will know how old I am.



I got the these beautiful flowers (the pink ones from Ky and the yellow ones from my mother-in-law) for my birthday/Mother's Day.














My birthday was the start of our last week of school.

Temberlie had a preschool graduation/swimming party.






The Monday after school ended, the boys in our house were off to scout camp for the entire week, Monday through Saturday.  I think Bradlee wanted to come home on Wednesday.  He told Braydee that she is lucky, she only has to go to girl's camp from Tuesday through Friday.  He worked really hard at scout camp and got three merit badges done and three half done.  He also had to hike into camp on Monday and then on Saturday they had a five mile hike.


 



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Busy, busy! But looks like everyone is having a great time!

Lanise said...

What a fun month! It was so fun to get to see you guys!!! Cant wait till we get to get together again!!!