Monday, May 5, 2008

Mother's Day talk

That's right Ky and I have been asked to speak in sacrament meeting on Mother's Day. I want you r ideas on what you like to hear in church on Mother's day. Ky thinks that Mother's Day is a day for mother's to feel guilty (an idea I know he got from his mother). I on the other hand think that is kind of depressing to sit though a meeting on Mother's Day when Mother's are not even mentioned. I am of the opinion that the being pregnant and giving birth to a child gives us mothers the right to have a Happy Mother's Day. I know there are some exceptions to that opinion, but I just think it should be a day for mothers to be happy that they are mothers. I also feel that it is a day to think of the things our mothers have taught us and be thankful for their love and support. PLEASE let me know your thoughts (whether you are a mother or not).

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think it should be really uplifting. You could use that one conference talk from Sunday afternoon. I don' remember who gave it, but it was all about moms and how they should just give themselves a break. I found it very comforting.

Lexa said...

Great idea lindsey. I believe it was Elder Ballard. I don't know about your ward, but ours had a lot of single ladies, and some who didn't have children etc. and last year someone touched on women in general (being nurturing etc.) Another year someone used that time to talk about the FAmily proclamation. All I can say is better you than me :)

K80lady said...

Well, my husband has been celebrating Mother's Day for a week now. But he likes to do that, and leave the day for the kids to serve their mother. If you have been pregnant and given birth i think you have well earned the right to be celebrated once a year, besides the fact that you are now raising the people you birthed. It could be funny and cool to write a talk on everything i learned came from mo/grandma/aunt/other mothers, for instance you can never have too many ribbons and bows, if you get mad, buy a pair of shoes, always look over the beans, ect....